Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kyotofu - Tofu Is The New Dessert

Two things: matcha green tea creme brulee and sweet tofu!!!
I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of tofu. I mean look at that miserable thing: soggy, pale, and tasteless, just blah. But when I heard there's a Japanese dessert bar in NY that infuse soybeans to your sweet treats, anything for my sweet tooth fix. We decided to get the prix fixe menu so we can get taste little bit of everything on the list.

signature sweet tofu. white sesame tuile, kuromitsu black sugar syrup, dried apricot. Officially my favorite tofu dish. the syrup aroma and taste were wonderfully rich and divine. the creamy gelatinous tofu was equally amazing.
  
matcha green tea creme brulee. lychee sorbet, vanilla bean tuile. a little cup of heaven. amazing texture and strong green tea flavor. too bad it's only sampler size :(

chocolate miso cake. salty finish, nothing special.

crispy banana cake. dense pound banana cake with sesame tofu puree.

complete second course of the Kaiseki prix fixe.

green tea chocolate

Kyotofu
705 9th Ave
(between 48th St & 49th St)
New York, NY 10019
(212) 974-6012

No comments:

Post a Comment