Monday, August 17, 2009

Bottega Louie - The Heart of Downtown

I was so excited to try what everyone has been buzzing about one of downtown finest, Bottega Louie. The hustle of this place reminds me of the Sopranos, American-Italian New Yorker down to business. All the pastries, desserts, sandwiches, and cold food to-go are right at front for ease and convenience. and I really like the decor of elegant white cleanse and uber high ceilings.

As I walk in, I immediately drool over those rainbow macaroons in neat row calling my name "rescue me!!"
And of course a massive desserts galore of cupcake, tarts, eclair, muffin, et cetera...

"I'm a sexy tart. what are you waiting for?"I bet the desserts are delicate and filling, however the brunch has failed to impress me. To say the least BL don't have the variety nor novelty on the brunch menu. The taste and quality just okay and I can't say I liked it.

Bagels, smoked salmon, cream cheese, sliced tomatoes, dill, capers & red onion.

Usual eggs benedict :poached eggs, Canadian bacon, spinach, English muffin & hollandaise sauce
French toast: brioche & maple syrup

Lemon ricotta pancakes served with house made blueberry syrup. Although I've had better, this will be my favorite among them all.
The complimentary warm bread and butter was a treat though, and we asked for more. and more.

Hopefully Bottega Louie won't let me down next time for a round of dinner or lunch. I'm not giving up on you yet!

Bottega Louie
700 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(866) 418-9162

No comments:

Post a Comment