Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mountain Cafè - Feeling Hangover?


  Ginseng chicken soup with sticky rice

Not me, but I was so sick with flu when my friends brought me to this hole in the wall. This super tiny place only has 5 small tables and limited menu, but comforting enough that I feel better after dinner. The cure? Abalone rice porridge and ginseng chicken soup with sticky rice. Both were so mouthwatering and soothing my throat, will also work for your hangover.


Abalone rice porridge with egg yolk



Best side dishes - shredded hot beef stew. Mix 'em and the pickles with the porridge and you get yourself a superb comfort food.

Don't expect some royal treatment 'cos the lady that run this place reminds me of Seinfeld's soup nazi - flat mean and attitudes. I would care less as long as she keeps on refilling our side dishes, which she did. All in all, come to Mountain Cafe whenever you need hangover chaser or immune system booster, as this homefood will give you the cure.

Mountain Cafè
3064 W 8th St
Los Angeles, CA 90005
(213) 487-7615

No comments:

Post a Comment