Thursday, January 28, 2010

Joe's - Lunch Long Overdue


Jidori Chicken Crisp "Panzanella", Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Cipollini Onions, Japanese Cucumber, Lemon & Basil, Chicken Sauce

Long before I went home for my winter holiday, I spent an afternoon at Joe's located at one of my favorite neighborhood, Abbot Kinney. When I looked at the Michelin guide, this place used to have one star, I wonder maybe the quality has changed. I tried this place for dinner and it was not memorable, so I thought Joe's will redeem itself for a round of lunch. All of the food tasted good, but not spectacular. Especially with splendid presentation, I expected to have sensational bite after bite. Thank goodness for the chocolate crunch cake, which change the mood to an A-OK ending.


Open-Faced Seared Albacore Sandwich, Cherry Tomatoes, Celery, Japanese Cucumber, Shaved Red Onion, Eggplant Puree, Grilled Garlic-Rubbed Baguette


  Chocolate crunch cake. Hazelnut Praline & Coffee Crunch Ice Cream, Candied Hazelnuts

Joe's Restaurant
1023 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 399-5811

No comments:

Post a Comment