Monday, February 1, 2010

Sunnin - Old & New

beef kefta kebab platter. Finely ground beef with chopped onions and parsley, seasoned with a blend of spices, grilled on a skewer served with hummus, rice, Lebanese salad and pita bread.

The first time I visited Sunnin, it was hole-in-the-wall which had no more than six small tables with "intimate" kitchen full blast of order yelling, long waiting, and paper plating. I'm not a fan of the place, but the good food and reasonable price, I'm in! 

The second time I visited Sunnin, it moved across the street to a new and improved spot. With larger space, cozy settings and cleaner look. Although I'm a fan of the new place, it causes price increase and slower service. blah~

combo grill. beef kebab, chicken kebab, and kefta Kebab, served with hummus, rice, Lebanese salad and pita bread.

I'm always here for the kefta kebab and hummus. OMG, their hummus is the best, hands down!! Their kefta kebab is good, but not as delish as Shamsiri's, another Mediterranean restaurant one block up from Sunnin. Sunnin's kefta kebab is tasty but a bit dry. I recommend to put the green hot sauce on your kebab to make your experience at Sunnin more sizzling.

Sunnin Lebanese Cafe
1779 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024
(310) 477-2358

1 comment:

  1. I heart hummus too! I cant wait to check out this place when I get back^^

    ReplyDelete