Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Foo Foo Tei - Slurpy Time

broiled squid. nice chew, flavorful, and perfectly cooked.

grill blue mackerel. my favorite! crispy skin, moist and tasty meat.

potato croquette. crispy and wonderful.

nanchatte tonkotsu ramen #17. super rich broth! creamy and sweet. put chili flakes to tone down the richness.

After a few slurps of the nanchatte tonkotsu ramen broth, my friend ask me, "What do you think? Is it worth the drive?" I replied "If the traffic was clear, yes. But if it was like the last time when we stuck at the highway 60 for one and a half hour, heck NO." I know Rowland and Hacienda Heights have plenty of good food but the drive may took up to 1 1/2 hour from West LA and I perfectly know myself - hungry man is an angry man!

Aside from the long ass drive, Foo Foo Tei is all good. Fantastic ramen, crazy good appetizers, and one heck of wonderful broth - ramen #17. The moment you enter the room, creamy and oily smells mixed together and you know what's about to go down. Slurrrpy time!

Foo Foo Tei
15018 Clark Ave
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
(626) 937-6585 

No comments:

Post a Comment