Monday, September 28, 2009

Quartino - Bon Appetito in Chicago

After months of anticipation, finally the days I've been waiting for had come - two of my dearest friends were getting hitch! To top it all off, the wedding reception was held in Chicago and most of my college buddies back from Michigan State University (yep, I'm a proud Spartan) were reunited... WOHOOO it felt so good to be back to Chi-town...

Windy city + friends reunion + exquisite wedding = FIESTA!!!

So, what should a hungry girl do after hours of flight from LAX-MDW? Eat, eat, eat...

Back in 2007, the wedded couple took me to Quartino, for a delightful Italian tapas and I just wanna relive the experience once again.

The minute I stepped into Quartino, we were warmly welcomed and seated in the outdoor patio.
Substantial marble tables and nice comfortable chairs makes it pretty, however the patio was too close to the walking pavements and streets which means loud noises, walking hobos and traffic.

Since we were in a small plates movements, so we ordered three dishes for the two of us to share.

Veal Meatballs Napolli - Meatballs will never be the same again! Served on a hot pan with sun dried tomatoes, sweet raisins, and MAGIC sauce. Melts in your mouth! I never knew meatballs can change my life. sweeter, meatier, juicier, and tastier! Ahhhh....Polenta Fries with red pepper sauce - I was trying so hard to like this dish after my first bite. To say the sauce was bland would be an understatement. Judging from the bold orange color I expected it to be spicy, or at least gimme some taste. Such a waste of my tummy space!
Steamed Clam with Pinot Grigio and red chili broth - it was lots of tasty clams and the broth was fantastic. The thin slices of garlic were the perfect compliment to the clams.It was a good way to kick start my Chicago trip. Bon Appetito!

Quartino
626 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60614
(312) 698-5000
www.quartinochicago.com

No comments:

Post a Comment