Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Joy Yee's - Avocado Freeze Ritual

Avocado Freeze with tapioca. Definitely one thing that I have to put into my digestive system whenever I'm in Chicago. Joy Yee's have gazillions fresh fruit drink selections, so indecisive people beware!
I can rave all day about their drinks but the food had some hits and misses. Joy Yee's is not authentic Asian cuisines, they reminded me of college's students comfort food. Wide food range: Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Thai. Expect them to be greasy, jumbo in proportions, but not so big on taste.

Me likey: Thai Fried Calamari

Joy Yee's Escargot. YUM!

Thai Spicy Red Snapper

So-So:Ong Toy with Shrimp Paste

String Beans with Salted Fish

Korean BBQ Short Ribs

There are four Joy Yee's locations spread in Illinois: Chicago, Evanston, and Naperville. Additionally, they're now serving sushi, Pho noodle soup, and frozen yogurt in Chinatown Chicago. Make sure you make a stop for their fresh fruit freeze! If only I can have my avocado freeze in hot sunny LA...

Joy Yee's Noodle
Chicago-Evanston-Naperville, IL
www.joyyee.com

3 comments:

  1. Mons, correction, it's not Malaysian spicy string beans, it's String beans with Salted Fish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mango smoothienya juga enak banget monnn! anak2 michigan paling gila ama mango nya...

    ReplyDelete